Terms and Conditions
Great Escape Motorbike Tours Pty Ltd
Acknowledgment of Terms and Conditions When Booking
When booking a tour with Great Escape Motorbike Tours Pty Ltd (GEMT) you acknowledge having read and understood the Terms and Conditions that follow and agree that they are binding on you:
When you book with GEMT we will invoice you the total cost of the tour. The booking is not confirmed until you have complied with the remainder of this clause.
If the booking is made less than 30 days prior to the tour date the invoice is payable in full, and the booking is not confirmed until the full amount is received to GEMT’s account as cleared funds. If the booking is made more than 30 days prior to the tour commencement date, a deposit of 30% of the total cost of the tour, as invoiced, is payable to confirm the booking. The balance of the invoice is payable not less than 28 days prior to the tour date and if not received to GEMT’s account by that date as cleared funds, GEMT reserves the right to cancel the booking and charge the cancellation fee referred to below.
The details of the tour are set out in the invoice.
What is Included and What is Excluded
Accommodation, motorbike hire, food – breakfast, lunch, water.
- Local liaison including interpreters
- Transport during the tour, for example, ferries.
- Airfares – international and internal/domestic, travel insurance, personal spending money – including for tips and alcohol
- Hotel and other accommodation before and after the tour as referred to in the invoice
- Dinners, lunch on the last day.
Minimum Requirements For You to Bring
- Appropriate clothing including wet weather gear – goggles, gloves, helmet
- International Driving Permit (IDP)/Motorcycle Licence
- Funds for tips and alcoholic and other beverages
- Insect repellent
- Personal medications
What You Need in Addition
- Travel insurance
- Valid passport and visa (If applicable)
- Evidence of any necessary vaccinations
If you cancel more than 14 days prior to the tour commencement date, you forfeit half of the cost of the tour.
If you cancel less than 14 days prior to the tour commencement date, you forfeit the tour costs paid by you to GEMT’s account.
We reserve the right to cancel the tour, in which event we will provide a full refund of the tour cost paid by you to GEMT’s account.
If the cancellation occurs as a result of war, riot, civil unrest, terrorism, natural disaster or any unforeseen circumstances including industrial disputes, weather, or political disruptions we may retain 10% of the tour cost paid by you to GEMT’s account to cover administrative expenses.
We will supply the tour package as booked subject to these terms and conditions, however, we reserve the right to amend the itinerary and routes depending on weather or other conditions.
We reserve the right to contract or subcontract the conduct of any tour. We will in such event provide notice of the person, persons, or entity who/that will conduct the relevant tour that has been contracted or subcontracted.
We reserve the right to alter accommodation bookings without notice to meet accommodation availability.
We are not responsible for the actions of yourself or other riders or passengers in the tour group including, but not limited to, responsibility for injury, accidents, damage to vehicles, damage to property or fatalities, nor do we have any responsibility if any tour member becomes lost. We are not responsible for any of your belongings whilst you are on tour. Refer to the release and indemnity appearing below.
- To advise GEMT of any illness, infirmity, allergies, disabilities, health issues or dietary needs or restrictions that affect you. If you fail to advise any relevant matter and it is found that this nondisclosure poses any threat or concern to other tour members, the tour guide may ask you to leave the tour, in which event you forfeit all tour costs.
- You warrant that you are a competent motorbike rider, with appropriate experience, who is confident riding a motorbike on the tour over varying terrains.
- You have travel insurance, or where you are unable to arrange travel insurance, you indemnify GEMT against any liability rising as a result of accident, illness, injury or damage to you, the motorbike, other property, or any other matter generally covered by travel insurance.
- You will ensure that your motorcycle is secured at any time that you are not riding it.
- You will immediately, and without any demand on the part of GEMT, promptly remedy any damage done to the motorbike, any other motorbike or vehicle damaged by you, and any damage to hotel or other accommodation.
- You are physically fit and capable of undertaking the tour.
- You will, without question, follow all reasonable instructions of the tour guide.
- You are solely responsible for your own possessions.
- You will comply with all and any statutory and legal requirements when participating in the tour including, but not limited to, all road, traffic, licensing and driving laws.
- In the event of an emergency, you authorize GEMT and the tour guide to arrange all necessary medical treatment, but you accept full responsibility for the cost of such treatment.
- You acknowledge there are risks and dangers inherent to a tour where the tour is in a foreign country over terrain that may be difficult and in a non-developed or natural state.
- You are over the age of 18 years.
Warranties, Indemnities, and Release
You warrant that you have fully complied with the paragraph headed, “Your Responsibilities.”
You warrant that you hold an international motorbike permit.
You warrant that you have effected travel insurance, or where you choose not to arrange travel insurance or are unable to effect travel insurance, that you are aware of the indemnity and release that appear below.
You indemnify GEMT against all liability for accident, injury, illness, or damage occurring during the tour to yourself, your property, the motorcycle, and any third party’s personal injury or damage to property and including, without limitation, GEMT’s legal costs and out of pocket expenses on a solicitor and own client basis.
In consideration of GEMT accepting your booking and your participation in the tour you release GEMT, its directors, servants, agents, employees, contractors and subcontractors from all liability, suits, actions, causes of actions, debts, claims and demands of every kind whatsoever, which you have, or you may have, as a result of participation in the tour.